Michael was born and raised in a small town outside of Buffalo, New York. His fascination with medicine began with the stories of his father, a registered nurse who worked night shifts in the New York State Prison system. Michael earned a Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology from the College of Wooster in 2004. During his senior year, he worked with local healthcare providers in the development of his senior independent thesis, which addressed the impact of managed care on traditional physician-patient relationships. He went on to earn his law degree, Cum Laude, from the University of Miami School of Law in 2007. Michael began his career as an Assistant Public Defender in West Palm Beach, where he gained extensive trial experience, before starting his civil practice in 2010.
Prior to joining Nosich & Ganz, Michael focused his practice on the defense of physicians and other healthcare professionals in medical malpractice litigation as well as administrative actions before the Florida Department of Health and Board of Medicine. He has also successfully represented business owners and individuals in a variety of civil matters throughout South Florida.
Michael has been a member of the Florida Bar since 2007. He is also licensed to practice in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida. Michael is an experienced trial lawyer who has tried over 25 jury trials.
Michael currently focuses his trial practice on medical negligence, personal injury and wrongful death litigation throughout South Florida.
- UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI SCHOOL OF LAW, Coral Gables, Florida
- Juris Doctor, Cum Laude , May 2007
- Top 25% of the Class
- Dean’s Certificate of Achievement in Florida Constitutional Law
- Dean’s List
- Street Law Clinic, Center for Ethics and Public Service (August 2005-May 2007)
- The Honorable William M. Hoeveler Fellowship
- THE COLLEGE OF WOOSTER, Wooster, Ohio
- Bachelor of Arts, May 2004
- Major: Anthropology
- Minor: Spanish
- Senior Independent Thesis –
- The Impact of Managed Care on the Physician-Patient Relationship
- Florida, September 2007
- Southern District of Florida, October 2011
- Florida Bar
- Broward County Bar Association
- The Harmonie Group
- Defense Research Institute
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Stephen R. Booher American Inn of Court
- THE HARMONIE GROUP MEDICAL MALPRACTICE CONFERENCE San Francisco, CA, April 2015
- The Use of Joint Defense Agreements in Medical Malpractice Cases