Jim Nosich is a competitive trial attorney who pursues his clients’ best interests over the last 29 years in the areas of medical malpractice and negligence.
Jim came from modest means, growing up on the south side of Chicago in a family from Croatian descent and heritage. He credits his steel worker father for his strict work ethic and great family life. After graduating from Mt. Carmel High School, he left Chicago for the University of Miami to fulfill his interests in the sciences. He holds bachelors’ degrees in both marine science and geology. Attending upper level classes in the field of biology and chemistry built a framework that has allowed Jim to excel in the practice of medical malpractice.
After graduating from the University of Miami, Jim worked full-time at Liberty Mutual Insurance Company while attending the University of Miami School of Law. While working at Liberty Mutual, Jim evaluated risks, investigated claims, and proposed recommendations for a safe work environment in various areas of industry. This experience has been a great benefit to him in the practice of evaluating claims related to architecture and engineering liability, construction, transportation, premises liability and other medical related injuries.
Since 1990, Jim has had an active trial practice that led to acceptance in the prestigious American Board of Trial Advocates. He was the President of the Miami Chapter in 2018. His trial practice consists of professional, general and corporate liability including medical malpractice. In the general liability field, Jim has taken an active role in both security and premises liability cases while also handling catastrophic automobile and trucking accidents.
Jim is a member of the U.S. District Court for the Southern, Northern and Middle Districts of Florida; the Eleventh Circuit of the United Stated Court of Appeals, and the Supreme Court of the United States. In the past, The Florida Bar appointed Jim, as its representative to the Board of Governors for the Florida Medical Malpractice Joint Underwriting Association. Jim also holds an “AV Preeminent” rating from Martindale-Hubbell and has been selected by Super Lawyers Magazine Florida Editions 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 as one of the Super Lawyers.
Jim has conducted many lectures in his areas of practice. Recently, he has focused his participation in educational programs dealing with trial techniques and strategies. Jim has also made himself available for numerous media interviews including Court TV.
- UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI SCHOOL OF LAW
Juris Doctorate, Cum Laude, May 1990
- UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI SCHOOL OF SCIENCE
Bachelor of Science, May 1984
- The Florida Bar – 1990
- The Federal Trial Bar – Southern District of Florida – 1990
- The Federal Bar – Southern District of Florida – 1990
- U.S. Supreme Court – 1997
- The Federal Trial Bar – Middle District of Florida – 1998
- AV Rated – Martindale Hubbell
- Judicial Edition AV Preeminent Attorney-2013
- The Florida Bar
- Defense Research Institute
- American Board of Trial Advocates (Membership Chairman: 2014)
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Florida Medical Malpractice Claims Committee. (Secretary, 1997-1998)
- Florida Medical Malpractice Joint
- Underwriting Committee Association (Co-Chairman Claims Committee: 2004-2008, 2010-2012)
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
- DEFENDING MEDICAL MALPRACTICE CASES ALLEGING IMPROPER HANDLING OR
MISDIAGNOSIS OF “DVT’s”
- American Orthopedic Foot & Ankle Society Annual Meeting, Hollywood, FL – July 18, 2013
- WELCOME TO THE 21ST CENTURY USING ELECTRONIC DEVICES IN THE COURTROOM
- February 28, 2008
- MEDICAL MALPRACTICE
- Sterling Healthcare 2006 Medical Director Leadership Conference, Greensboro, GA – May 1, 2006
- DIARY OF A MEDICAL PRACTICE CASE –
- The Nuts & Bolts & Strategies, April 20, 2018 Fort Lauderdale
- HOSPITAL LIABILITY SEMINAR, FLORIDA JUSTICE ASSOCIATION –
- What do they know that you don’t know and how do you find it out?, September 25, 2019, Four Seasons Resort Orlando